There's always something new going on at Fourth Avenue Junior High. Check back on this News page often to see what we're doing!
We are currently reapplying for a 21st Century grant. We have had this grant for the last five years, and it has assisted Fourth Avenue Jr. High School students in many areas. Here are some areas our students were able to get support in:
- Homework Help – students work on homework or assignments that they didn't understand in class with a certified teacher before or after school.
- Journalism/Yearbook – students create the school yearbook, taking pictures and interviewing fellow students and teachers.
- Student Council – this provides activities for the school and allows students who are interested in being school leaders to run for office.
- iTeam - students work together to learn different programs and teach district personnel how to maneuver the sites with their students.
- Band - students learn to play instruments in a small group. It gives students more opportunities to practice with other band members for performances.
- Talent Search – students work with personnel from Arizona Western College once-a-week to talk/discover college readiness.
These are some of the clubs we offered before and after school. We are currently re-applying for this grant in the hopes that we can continue to offer these great programs.